Happy New Year from everyone at NB Communication! We hope that you had a wonderful Christmas, and wish you all the best for 2013.
Last year was extremely busy for the team here at NB, and we rounded off 2012 in style launching 11 new sites in October, November and December. Please take some time to check the sites out for yourself:
- The Shetland Heritage Shop website provides the opportunity for people all around the world to buy products from Shetland most talented craftspeople. The site proved to be extremely popular in the run-up to Christmas, and the Shetland Amenity Trust (who operate the site) have big plans for growing the site in the year ahead.
- Bambino and Beyond was commissioned by Jenny Teale and Jan Mackie, two Shetland 'mumtrepreneurs' who are passionate about supporting parents "from bump to beyond".
- Irvine Interiors and Irvine Garage are two simple one-page websites for Leslie Irvine's newly re-branded businesses.
- H Williamsons and Sons are marine electronic engineers. Their website provides details of their services, and provides information about their expertise, previous projects, and more. The site also includes live AIS data.
- Rebecca Nason's website provides an on-line gallery of Rebecca's impressive photographs, and includes a shop where some of Rebecca's work is available to purchase.
- The Shetland Amenity Trust website is a large and comprehensive site which, for the first time, brings all the different activities of the Trust together in one place. The site provides a wealth of information about the many heritage and cultural projects the Trust is involved with.
- The Peerie Shop website gives people outside Shetland the opportunity to buy the unique items that Emma Gibson stocks in her world-famous shop on Lerwick's Esplanade. The site reflects Emma's fantastic eye for great design, colour and beauty.
- Aurora Marine is an innovative new Shetland-based ROV operator aiming to become the leading provider of ROV net cleaning services to the Scottish aquaculture industry. They are also perfectly placed to offer underwater services for ports and harbours, shipping, offshore and marine renewables. The website explains what the experienced Aurora Marine team is able to provide, and the many benefits of their services.
- The Shetland Houses website offers a concise overview of two future house development opportunities in the south mainland of Shetland.
- The Shetland Soap Company has recently re-branded their shop and their packaging, and NB Communication took care of redesigning their e-commerce website to complement this. The website enables people from far and wide to order the fantastic Shetland Soap Company product rages from the comfort of their own homes.
- Over Pay Your Mortgage is a very simple information site aimed at anyone interested in paying off their mortgage early.
After a well earned rest over Christmas and New Year we hit the ground running in 2013, and have already launched a brand new site for the Shetland Folk Festival. You can take a look at the site at www.shetlandfolkfestival.com. (Be sure to listen to clips of this year's visiting artists).
The Festival is one of the most prestigious and eagerly anticipated events in the Shetland calendar, and we were thrilled to get the opportunity to work with the Festival committee on this project.
It has been especially enjoyable to help the Shetland Folk Festival move their memberships and ticketing on-line. This year, the Festival is encouraging people to buy advanced memberships via the website (an option which will be available during February only), but normal memberships and all concert ticketing being done the same as before. From 2014 and on the intention is that all tickets and memberships will be sold on-line, moving away completely from the current paper-based system.
We are all very excited now about the 33rd Shetland Folk Festival, and we look forward to continuing to work with the Festival committee in to help them make the new website as good as it can possibly be.